From Our Speakers
Every two months we will feature one of our speakers on our volunteer blog, so that you can get to know them better. This will be a personal bird’s eye view of: who they are, how their speaking is going, what their challenges and blessings are, and what you can pray for. Please post comments to them. They would love to hear from you!


Wendy Pope

Wendy is a native of North Carolina. She currently resides in Charlotte area with her husband and two children. She is the Development Coordinator for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Wendy is the author of Out of the Mouths of Babes and a contributing author to God's Purpose for Every Woman. Wendy writes for Encouragement for Today , daily devotionals for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Her devotions have been featured on Crosswalk.com. The articles she has written for the P31 Woman magazine have encouraged women all across the world.

Wendy has been teaching and encouraging women through in-depth Bible Study for many years. She teaches with passion, candidness, and humor. Her desire to see Christians grow in their relationship with the Lord has led her to be actively involved in Women's Ministry and Discipleship Training at her home church in Matthews, North Carolina.

From Wendy's Heart

My heart's desire is know Christ intimately and to stir the same desire in other women. The calling God has placed on my life is to encourage women to hunger for a close walk with Jesus Christ. I want women to know their needs, their thirsts can only be quenched by a life totally abandoned to self and devoted to Him. My life's verse is Acts 20:24: "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus had given, me, the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

The Skinny on Wendy:
  • Favorite speaking topic: Living Free in Christ
  • Favorite Book: After the Bible: i am not but i know I AM by: Louie Giglio
  • Best Speaking Experience: Destin Beach, FL with Hillcrest Baptist Church
  • Worst Speaking Experience: I plead the 5th – I love every opportunity to speak on behalf of my Savior
  • When I became a Christian: I was 7. I turned control of my life over to the Lord when I was 31. It has been a great adventure so far.
  • Married: I married the man of my dreams, Scott, November 23, 1991
  • Kids: Our first born, my daughter was born in September 1997 our son came along in April 2000.
  • Favorite thing in the whole world to do: Have the scriptures manifest themselves in my life
  • I feel God has specifically called me to: challenge when to have a morning quiet time with the Lord.
  • Biggest Challenge: Balance between home, work, and ministry
  • What comes easy: talking about the greatness of the Lord
Wendy’s Prayer Request
  • I always stay real in ministry.
  • Protection for my family as I minister to others.
  • Spiritual growth for my family.
  • Pray for me as I write my next book.
What You Can Do to Support Wendy
Pray for me. Support and pray for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Pray for the women we lead.

Where Wendy will be...
If you a volunteer and are in the area and want to help, send Wendy an email at wendy@proverbs31org

MAY 3, 2008
Marshall 1st Christian Church
Marshall, IL
Contact: S. Boyer, sara@penielgroup.com

To see our entire speaker calendar click here.

Adopt a Speaker
What’s this -- adopt a speaker? That’s right, if you are interested, pick a speaker from the list below and email them and ask them what you can pray for. Getting out there and spreading God’s Word is important and our speakers run into all kinds of obstacles when they get ready to speak. Knowing that you are backing them with prayer will mean a lot. I’m sure they would also enjoy notes of encouragement. What ever you feel God leading you to do to support your adopted speaker will be much appreciated.

To see more information on the P31 speakers go to www.proverbs.org

Speaker Team List

Shari Braendel
Email: mkteamwork@earthlink.net

Micca Campbell
Email: miccacampbell@comcast.net

Amy Carroll
Email: acarroll8@nc.rr.com

Melanie Chitwood

Email: melandtheboys@carolina.rr.com

Karen Ehman
Email: karenehman64@aol.com

Zoe Elmore

Email: zoeelmore@carolina.rr.com

Sharon Glasgow

Email: sharon@sharonglasgow.com

Charlene Kidd
Email: charkidd@comporium.net

Tracie Miles

Email: tracie@traciewmiles.com

Rachel Olsen
Email: RachelOls@ec.rr.com

Wendy Pope
Email: wendy@proverbs31.org

Luann Prater
Email: lprater@genisysbc.com

Susanne Scheppmann
Email: Susanne@cox.net

Renee Swope

Email: renee@proverbs31.org

Melissa Taylor

Email: melsa@carolina.rr.com

Lysa TerKeurst
Email: lysa1@proverbs31.org

Van Walton
Email: vanmwalton@yahoo.com

Marybeth Whalen

Email: marybeth6@gmail.com

Glynnis Whitwer
Email: editor@proverbs31.org


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Search the Site
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits